Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lucienne Day Appreciation

Last spring my cousin was married at the textile museum in D.C. I have always loved textile design, but I had not ever seen a collection in person like the one at the museum that day. The work of Lucienne Day was spread throughout the rooms. Day's was a name that I knew, but I hadn't seen her textiles in person, and there they were–modern, natural, accessible. I fell in love! Day was an artistic and creative force. She recognized the power of mass market, and she used that power to spread good design. Here are just a few of her designs. Below are some links to additional articles about Day and her husband.






Robin and Lucienne Day in Mydeco, Midcentury textile design article in Dwell.

Lucienne's textiles are still for sale at the Center for Advanced Textiles in UK.

Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment